Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 2016 Update

As you have all may have noticed, I am back in action with my blog. And my, oh my, it has really flourished in the past two weeks! That's thanks to all of you as my loyal fans. I know I love doing this as a hobby and hope to do this on a more professional level, but your feedback as I watch the views skyrocket in the past couple weeks. It makes it so much more worth taking out my time to do this for all of you. Now onto what has been going on in my life which is a lot in just a month. Yes, I know my life is crazy but I would not have it any other way.

School
School has been really rough this semester, which is why I was on such a long hiatus from my blog. I managed to finish the semester with a 3.00 and survived the Semester from Hell. It has been whirlwind of stress and emotions. To say the least, I am extremely grateful that it is over and that I won't have to deal with a semester like this again. I have officially finished the semester last Thursday with my favorite final. For this final, I dressed as Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games (the book version, of course) as I presented my research that I have done over the semester. I have fear of public speaking (it's the fear that's feared the most, which is above the fear of death) if I have to stand in front of a group of people, but I fortunately felt very comfortable and excited to show what I found that has not been discovered and written about. I usually feel like an idiot when I give presentations, but the trick is to accept that you are one. I gave only little snippets of the research that I have done. My father came and filmed it so I'll post the video, but I'll warn you that I do stubble a few times. I plan to also post both the conference version, which is the one that I presented and eventually my full thesis, which is twice as long but reveals information that is just as important.
college class idiot renee zellweger bridget jones

Work
Work hadn't changed that much from last month. I'm working full time plus some, but it is more than manageable now that I am out of school. I had my first day off from work and school and I thought I was going to go insane, but I used that time to read and write. I just like looking at my pay stubs and thinking of all the money I have saved over the semester, which astounds me.
money vine cash riff raff jody highroller
Love Life 
My knight in shining armor is also doing very well. He will be traveling closer to me and he'll have a visitor very often once he moves in June. He has gotten a new job close to his new home that fits right into his finance/accounting double major, which is awesome. It's funny how we both found our niche job/hobby at the same time). His birthday is in about a week and a half and I'm excited to bake a lot of goodies for him and spend the day with him.
We continue watching our Once Upon A Time together fairly religiously. It gives us both a time to slow down and relax from our crazy busy lives.
Future Endeavors
Well, three things are happening that are immediate or close to immediate. First, my family is eagerly awaiting the birth of another baby in my family. My middle aunt who is very much like a sister to me (she's only about 15 years older than me) is having her second baby and none of us know the gender and no future name is revealed. She is past both her moved up due date (May 3rd) her original due date (May 9th) so I'm on high alert for baby watch. This baby will be almost 21 years younger than me so he or she will be like a niece or nephew to me since our age gap is so wide. I love watching my aunt's first born who is only two show her excitement. She says, "Baby out now daa-aa haw-e-al" meaning she wants the baby out now and the doctor is going to help at the hospital. She is a smart little kid and really funny, which is why it is fun watching her grow.
 happy excited applause minions exciting
Next, I will be moving at the end of next month after my 21st birthday, which will be a nice change where I can become more independent.
trip pack suitcase packing
Finally, I am buying a new car (that is used, of course) to replace my rusty and beat-up car, Calypso. She'll be sold for very cheap to my little brother who has his permit and will be graduating high school next month. I had my eyes on a Pontiac G6, but I'm going to look some more so that I don't rule out better possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment