Monday, May 9, 2016

Abstract to My Senior Thesis

Here is my abstract of my paper that I have worked on all semester. I will be posting my entire 20 page long paper, too. I just have to edit it a little bit more and copyright it because this is brand new research that has not been looked at yet.


She's the Man Coerced into Womanhood and She's the Girl Transformed by Manhood
There has been a lot of research and papers written about young adult dystopian fiction concerning gender trends of strong female protagonists. People have studied both "The Hunger Games" and "Divergent" separately in their study of challenging gender norms as feminist pieces of literature. However, very few people have studied both novels together in regards to gender. Because of this window, there has been no consideration given to the different kinds of heroines these female protagonists can be in young adult dystopian fiction. Both Katniss from "The Hunger Games" and Tris from "Divergent" combine masculine and feminine qualities through the way they dress in different ways. Both young women's thoughts can be seen through the first person narrative, but Katniss shows more reason while Tris shows more emotion. Finally, both female heroines act differently toward others and their situations in order to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment