Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Review Wednesday: Sinful Intent by Chelle Bliss

25151764*This is a book meant for adults due to some inappropriate content for people younger than 18.*

Title: Sinful Intent (ALFA Private Investigations #1)
Author: Chelle Bliss
1st Date of Publication: July 14, 2015
ISBN: 9781682305119
# of Pages: 300
Genre: New Adult
Age Rating: 17+ (Sexual Content and Language)

Buy on Amazon 
Book Description:
Never cross the line. That had always been my rule. But that was before Race True.

The moment I saw her, I wanted her. But there was a problem. She wasn’t just another pretty face—no, she was my first client at ALFA PI. My take-what-I-want attitude shouldn't include her, but how the hell can I be expected to keep my hands off?

The danger that followed her had my protective instincts in overdrive. And as the clock ticked down, the choice was laid out before me: save her career or risk everything and have her in my bed. Could I put aside my wants for her needs? Or would my selfishness destroy everything in the process?

Warning: If you can't handle a dirty-mouthed bad boy or a tough woman with an attitude, this might not be the book for you.


Setting: Florida
Point of View: 1st person- Moran DeLuca and Race True

Goodreads Rating: 4.13
My Rating: 4.25

 
Part of the Book that Caught My Attention: Both
View on the Cover: The cover looks very steamy and scandalous. It's pretty obvious that the girl in the photo knows what she is doing and the male seems to be really good at catching her attention.
View on Title: The title sounds very sexy and makes it sound scandalous.
Pros:
  • I really liked how the book is split between Morgan and Race's points of view. The reader is able to truly understand each of their emotions and motives when dealing with each other.
  • This book has detectives rather than cops, which I believe makes the book hotter because the detectives aren't afraid to get their hands dirty despite the law.
  • I really enjoyed seeing the racecar world through Race.
  • Morgan's character is perfect for his role. He's a bad boy who became an army veteran to straighten his life out, but he's still a bad boy at heart. He is a very motivated and committed person despite having a trouble maker personality.
  • Race's character is very bossy and does not let people push her around. She sets her territory and is not afraid to tell people to back off.
  • The plot twist at the end was not completely expected. It's hard to explain without spoiling the book. It made the book more interesting and worth the read.
  • There is a true sense of family through mostly Morgan. He's been on his own for awhile until he moves to Florida where his entire family gets together for Sunday dinners. Race on the other hand shows a sense of loneliness which has always caused her to push others away.
Cons:
  • The names of the two main characters seemed like Chelle Bliss couldn't think of the names for them. Race is named after racing which she has been associated all life. I understand the sentiment of it, but she probably got picked on a lot as a kid. For Morgan's name, I know it's a boy's name but I don't hear it often enough to make it sound normal.
  • I felt a lack of the secondary characters. I understand that the situation was urgent and meant for only the two characters to deal with in that short period of time.


Critics' Reviews
"I didn't think I could possibly like this new series as much as I liked Men of Inked... Chelle has worked her magic and proved me wrong." -- Literature Litehouse
"God do I love it when Chelle Bliss puts the pen to paper, or the fingers to the keyboard. She creates an epic tale each and every time!" -- Sexy Book Reviews
"It's an interactive experience that will cause you to smile, frown, laugh, gasp, giggle, and blush." - Rosarita Reader


Chelle Belle's Website:
http://chellebliss.com/

Other Recommendations:
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My Skylar Penelope Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment