Friday, November 27, 2015

Anticipation Friday: Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

Goodreads Description
20983362passage, n.
i. A brief section of music composed of a series of notes and flourishes.
ii. A journey by water; a voyage.
iii. The transition from one place to another, across space and time.

In one devastating night, violin prodigy Etta Spencer loses everything she knows and loves. Thrust into an unfamiliar world by a stranger with a dangerous agenda, Etta is certain of only one thing: she has traveled not just miles but years from home. And she’s inherited a legacy she knows nothing about from a family whose existence she’s never heard of. Until now.

Nicholas Carter is content with his life at sea, free from the Ironwoods—a powerful family in the colonies—and the servitude he’s known at their hands. But with the arrival of an unusual passenger on his ship comes the insistent pull of the past that he can’t escape and the family that won’t let him go so easily. Now the Ironwoods are searching for a stolen object of untold value, one they believe only Etta, Nicholas’ passenger, can find. In order to protect her, he must ensure she brings it back to them— whether she wants to or not.

Together, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the traveler who will do anything to keep the object out of the Ironwoods’ grasp. But as they get closer to the truth of their search, and the deadly game the Ironwoods are play­ing, treacherous forces threaten to sep­arate Etta not only from Nicholas but from her path home . . . forever

Preorder it on Amazon

Other info
Expected Date of Publication: January 5, 2016
Stand-Alone or Series/Companion: Series- Passenger #1
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy


Why Am I Anticipating This Book?
There so many things that has caused me to anticipate this book. It takes many things I love in life and put it in one book.
Based on the description, it immediately caught my eye. The very beginning gives a few definitions to the word passage, which are totally separate from each other. I am excited how Bracken is going to incorporate all 3 of those definitions. I also know how to play violin (played for over 10 years), and I have an appreciation for anyone who can learn an instrument, especially the violin, because it is very hard to master it. I also love to travel, especially by the sea. I have also tall shipped sailed on a "pirate ship" and I want to do it again. Who doesn't love adventure?!
Based on the cover, I just love it. I have lived in a city all my life so it feels very homey. The ship that is a reflection makes me think that is somewhat like a dream, which I think is cool. I also like how the city is in a glass bottle because it probably has some symbolism to it. Plus, everyone associates a tall ship to one in the movies or in a glass bottle.
Based on rumors, I heard from (the author) that there is no love triangle, which is great because I am not a fan of love triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment